Goldfish - Aquariums - Say hello to my grumpy little friend.


Say hello to my grumpy little friend.

Posted: 04 Apr 2020 04:39 PM PDT

Goldfish colours. Text in comments..

Posted: 04 Apr 2020 04:22 PM PDT

The keep the stress away ��

Posted: 04 Apr 2020 05:33 AM PDT

I wish the picture was more focused. These guys are the parents of my first batch of fry. I kept 3 of them. Hoping to keep this line going. Mom on right I think has better features, but I still love dad too. ��

Posted: 04 Apr 2020 09:22 PM PDT

Final update.

Posted: 04 Apr 2020 11:41 PM PDT

The problem was the pump the whole time. There was something wrong with the wiring. It had been shutting off and on again probably for a week now and I just didn't know it. If it had shut down in front of me just a day sooner I could have saved him. He died barely 10 minutes before we got home with the new pump. I had been treating him for ammonia poisoning and digestive problems this whole time, turns out he just couldn't breathe. I just wish I had known. RIP Mercury (2012-2020). I loved you so much, I wish I could have helped you.

submitted by /u/echoworms
[link] [comments]

The Gang in their freshly cleaned pond!

Posted: 04 Apr 2020 05:23 PM PDT

The Comets Come Out For An Airing

Posted: 04 Apr 2020 10:27 AM PDT

Can sand be too fine?

Posted: 05 Apr 2020 01:01 AM PDT

I have black sand in my tank and I'm beginning to worry it may be too fine. I have a telescope goldfish named Project Pat. Sometimes I am feeding or playing with him and I can see some sand on his body. He's healthy and alert but I still worry about it. It's only small amounts. Could this be harmful?

submitted by /u/OfficalHeatherMason
[link] [comments]

Is this a parasite on the end of my goldfishes torso?

Posted: 04 Apr 2020 05:16 PM PDT

Goldfish stays at bottom of tank, not swimming too much

Posted: 04 Apr 2020 07:59 PM PDT

Update

Posted: 04 Apr 2020 06:45 PM PDT

I added another anti ammonia tablet. He's moving around a bit more now but the water turned white, is that normal/does it mean it's working? How long should I wait before adding another? Should I do another full change or will that stress him out more?

submitted by /u/echoworms
[link] [comments]

Upside down and beginning dropsy?

Posted: 04 Apr 2020 12:01 PM PDT

Please Help

Posted: 04 Apr 2020 12:12 PM PDT

Hello r/Goldfish, I've never posted here before but my little buddy needs help. He has been sitting on the bottom for a few days now. I have already done a few partial water changes and a full water change, with proper water conditioner and anti ammonia tablets just in case. Ph levels are fine, and he shows no signs of infection or injury on his scales or fins. But his breathing is slower than usual, to the point of appearing dead at first glance. He can't seem to keep any food down, not even a softened pea. He tries to eat but immediately spits everything out again, which he has never done before. I looked down his throat but I didn't see anything blocking it. Is there any way I could have overlooked something? He was constipated for a couple days before this but he was better for a few days in between, so I don't know if that might have caused some problems. I also found some mold growing in his filter. I hate seeing him like this. I've had him since I was in the 7th grade and he was small enough to fit in a bottle cap. He is now bigger than my hand. If anyone has any advice please let me know. I apologize for the bad formatting as I am on mobile, and once again this is my first time posting on Reddit.

submitted by /u/echoworms
[link] [comments]

Help with sick fish

Posted: 04 Apr 2020 08:19 AM PDT

Tank parameters: 75gal, two AC110s, external canister filled with DeNitrate and Purigen, pH 7.5, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10ppm

I have 2 large fancies, an oranda and a ryukin. They've been together for over 2 years, no recent changes. A few weeks ago, I noticed the oranda was having slight swim bladder issues. I checked the parameters and found nitrates were high, so I did constant water changes and got it down to 10ppm (which is what my tap water has, I can't lower it any further). Next I noticed my ryukin developed slight floaty issues too, as well as a red spot on his dorsal fin. Despite the water changes, the red spot hasn't improved, he has developed another small spot near his mouth, and his swim bladder issues got a little worse in the last few days. I have continued large water changes daily, and have tried fasting and feeding shelled peas. Normally they eat Repashy Gold, no flakes or pellets.

I have done everything I possibly can to deal with the tap water nitrates. Since I can't improve the water quality any further, I am now thinking I should try medication to deal with whatever is going on. But I have no idea where to start because I don't even know what's wrong. I have lots of plants in the tank so I'm hesitant to add salt. I could try Epsom salt baths but they're not used to being handled, so I worry about stressing them further. Any medication or other treatment suggestions would be much appreciated.

submitted by /u/treedefender
[link] [comments]

Update on my previous post: He now swims to the front sometimes when I come near but he seems to struggle. Could the filter current be too strong?

Posted: 04 Apr 2020 02:59 PM PDT

Gasping and skimming the surface

Posted: 04 Apr 2020 11:39 AM PDT

My black Moore keeps skimming the top of the tank, no always gasping but just keeps close to the surface. Any ideas why? Air stone and lots of surface agitation, 0 ammonia 0 nitrate 0 nitrite, 7.3 ph, everything in the tank seems fine but since being in quarantine from covid19 I've noticed he's been doing it more and more. He's eating and swimming but just always at the top! Please help :(

submitted by /u/grorgiweaver1239
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.