Aquatic Koi Koi and the Gang.


Koi and the Gang.

Posted: 01 Apr 2020 11:21 AM PDT

I was told to post this as its own post�� these are my new wall friends that are covered holes in paint

Posted: 01 Apr 2020 03:31 PM PDT

Bought a house and inherited a small pond with 20 small koi. Looking a little advice.

Posted: 01 Apr 2020 12:37 PM PDT

So this past September I bought a new house and inherited a small pond, with a small waterfall setup, and 20 small koi. I'm brand new to maintaining a pond or fish for that matter but I want to learn and I do enjoy being outside with the koi, cleaning the filers etc.

Since moving in I haven't done much but clean the filters weekly, feed them until it got too cold, and the pond froze over winter (based in NY) but I had a heat rock in it to keep it from completely freezing over. After the weather started to get nicer I replaced the pump completely because it would no longer power on. It pumps a better amount of water up the water fall then the old one and should be helping with aeration I think.

Now that it's regularly over 50° outside, and the pond sits in the sun. I started to feed them again.

Now here's my serious question. I noticed today that 1 fish in particular was on his side at the bottom.. I used a net to check on him and he swam up to the top for a bit, but then back on his side on a ledge in the pond I feel like he may have some infection because his eye is bulging a bit.

Additionally I noticed 1 other fish is not always swimming with the others but rather sits on a different ledge. When I feed them he's normal but then usually goes back to just sitting on the ledge.

I checked Ph, nitrate, nitrite, and hardness levels and they're all fine.

Looking for any help, suggestions, things I can be doing to take better care of them, tips and tricks. Thanks for your time and help.

Heres a pic of my pond :)

submitted by /u/miniaturebutthole
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.