Goldfish - Aquariums - Providing lockdown entertainment! Thank you fishes!


Providing lockdown entertainment! Thank you fishes!

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 01:07 PM PDT

My goldfish really enjoys using her head, especially for digging, but rarely for thinking.

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 02:27 PM PDT

New tank after their old one started leaking. Still nervous goldfish in corner.

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 07:32 PM PDT

getting rid of unwanted goldfish?

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 06:10 PM PDT

i have had my goldfish for abt a year and a half now and he's gotten very big. he was a surprise that i didn't ask for - my dad's friend went to the local fairgrounds and won some goldfish from that fishbowl game, but couldn't care for them, so my dad gave them to me thinking they could be buddies w my betta at the time (rip snow) (ofc i didn't put them w my betta). only one goldfish survived the ordeal of being in a dirty, over-crowded tank to a bag to a last-minute tank setup and it's the goldfish i have now.

i recently got him a larger tank (20 gal) since he outgrew his last one (~12 gal). he already appears to be getting larger. it's very hard for me to maintain a fish in a tank it's a little too big for and i just don't have the money to keep getting bigger tanks. i would've taken him and his buds to petco when i first aquired them, but i didn't like the possibility of someone unfamiliar w goldfish care taking them and giving them a short and miserable life. and if he does outgrow this tank, having had him for so long, i'm way past risking his wellbeing.

i've heard that putting goldfish on ice is a humane way of killing them, but i just don't have it in me to kill a perfectly healthy fish. IF he outgrows this tank, what should i do?

submitted by /u/afinalresort
[link] [comments]

Thinking about a 40g for 2-3 fancy goldfish. How much maintenance do you put into your tank?

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 07:22 PM PDT

I've heard fancy goldfish are pretty high maintenance because they poop so much. Are they more than other fish?

Also, do you keep snails or shrimp in with them to help keep the place clean? I have some RCS right now that I'm thinking of combining them with since the RCS can probably sustain their pop.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Shogun5
[link] [comments]

What’s your water change cocktail?

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 01:55 PM PDT

Could some of your share your water change prep? I'm looking to make mine better (cheaper) ahead of larger water changes in a larger tank.

My water is from an untreated private well @ pH4.5, KH0, GH1. To my 20l water change I add: 22g JBL Aquadur + 30ml JBL pH Plus + Seachem Prime. This gives me 20l @ pH7, KH8, GH12.

The main problem is that bringing the parameters up costs me about €4 per 20l which strikes me as expensive. I'm hoping to swap both Aquadur and pH Plus for just Seachem Gold Buffer and hope that it's cheaper overall but am reluctant to spend money on what might be the wrong product.

Any advice?

submitted by /u/JupiterRecruit
[link] [comments]

I want a 75 gallon tank that is 18.5 inches in width. Would hang off about 3/4 of an inch on each side. Can I do this or would I have problems?

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 12:04 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.