Goldfish - Aquariums - *I can't believe you've done this*


*I can't believe you've done this*

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 10:56 AM PDT

Miss her, left us too soon.

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 12:09 PM PDT

Spending my quarantine painting cute things for Edgar

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 05:25 PM PDT

Well this depresses me

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 07:43 PM PDT

help - info in comments

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 07:58 PM PDT

lymphocystis? Carp Pox? What is this weird white lump on my goldfish’s tail?

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 11:04 PM PDT

Could someone give me information on my fishes growth please. He’s had a small growth for over a year but it has recently gotten very big

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 04:53 PM PDT

live plants goldfish WON'T eat?

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 05:52 PM PDT

so far, my goldfish has shredded marimos, eaten 2 entire amazon sword plants, and occasionally takes chunks out of his anubias, but doesn't seem to like them much. are there any easy to care for plants other than anubias that goldfish won't eat? i wanna go to the pet store tomorrow to get some nerites to tackle my algae problem before it gets too out of hand and thought i'd maybe grab some plants too.

submitted by /u/afinalresort
[link] [comments]

Morning dudes

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 07:53 AM PDT

Wild pH fluctuation

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 12:43 PM PDT

Hey guys,

So I got two common goldfish and absolutely no stuff to look after them. A few weeks of panicked research and buying spree later they're about to be transfered to a 55 Gal for a year or 2 till I figure out something bigger.

Here is my odd problem. The first time I measured pH I got a reading of 7.5-8.0 ish, lets say it was 7.7 (used a test strip). Then about a week later at time of water change I got a pH of 8.2. I tested my water from the tap and got an 8.0. I figured I must have measured wrong that once time.

But then I did a water change at the end of the day. It was a long process due to my too small bucket (thats the one thing I wish I bought before lock down that I overlooked, a few clean 5 gal buckets) and I didn't get to a water test till 24 hours laterish. When I did the ph was back to 7.5-8.0. What the hell happened? I'll do a more detailed water test later just got so much other stuff on my plate and can't find my test tubes for a more accurate test (have to clean them too- I wasn't sure they were safe to dump into a septic and the roommate lockdown situation we're voluntarily under here makes navigating the house to reach the outside).

What gives? My tank isn't really cycled (they've been in there for 2 months. Some brown algee I wipe down weekly but it's getting better. A few live plants and currently gravel- upgrading to sand when it comes for the 55) but since I got my gravel pump I've been doing weekly water changes and all the maintenance. Nitrate, Nitrite and ammonia levels are low. KH is extremely high... which I read is supposed to prevent pH fluctuation.

Oddest part is the fish seem fine. Perhaps it's because I'm taking better care of these guys than the ones I had as a kid but they seem happy and active to me- this makes me feel like I must have made a mistake in the readings. They aren't showing any signs of illness (when I'm close to a water change the bigger one will go to the top for air, but I hope to solve that with my 60 gal air pump in my 55 gal tank)

submitted by /u/donmud
[link] [comments]

Help! I’m starting a new 90 gallon pond and having trouble getting the cycle started. Using Ace brand no-rinse ammonia, have only added it once (2 capfuls to 2PPM). Added a bottle of API bacteria. API freshwater master test kit. Temperature is 59F. I’m going crazy!

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 08:29 AM PDT

Help! Lump on tail, details in comments

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 08:03 AM PDT

My lovely buddy, Geoff, has a red spot, advice needed please!

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 07:02 AM PDT

Help please. Maybe a parasite?

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 05:54 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.