Goldfish - Aquariums - For anyone that's playing the new Animal Crossing, you can catch a calico ranchu in the game!


For anyone that's playing the new Animal Crossing, you can catch a calico ranchu in the game!

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 04:22 PM PDT

Literally what I see everyday

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 11:59 AM PDT

A fantastic example of what a true Japanese Ranchu Goldfish should look like!

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 06:55 PM PDT

Here’s a picture

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 09:32 PM PDT

Cashew. The disabled bubble eye the gave me to keep the disabled ranchu company

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 04:06 PM PDT

There's something going on with Seamore. Light pink area -- scale loss? Pineconing? What could this be? He is still eating well.

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 05:40 PM PDT

Thanks for your help with POW (white) and Papillon. Heres a video of them before they move to their bigger tank.

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 02:24 PM PDT

If we have to quarantine, then so do you.

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 11:44 AM PDT

And they say goldfish are “cold water” fish ��

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 02:05 PM PDT

My friend sent me this. Not sure what is growing on the fish, but I’m sure someone here does.

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 11:01 PM PDT

Tank Size - When should I upgrade!

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 10:19 PM PDT

TL;DR At what point does my 2-3" common need a tank larger than the 30gal he's currently in?

Long version:

Hello! I just found this subreddit, and I am so excited to ask people who know things about goldfish.

I have had a goldfish for a year (common? I think?) that I rescued from a tiny bowl at a tiki bar. (Long story, but they were using goldfish as decoration at an event.) I have gotten this far without running into too many problems. I just found out that his current stress is likely due to me accidentally killing the bacteria in his tank. Thanks for the info on that, btw!

Anyway... he is currently 2-3" long, and I have him in a 30 gal tank. At what point will I absolutely need to move him to a larger tank? I am a bit financially strapped at the moment, but if I know how long I have, I can start saving for a larger tank.

submitted by /u/siriusly_disturbed
[link] [comments]

Help Quick

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 09:01 PM PDT

My goldfish ended up eating or at least attempted to eat a Corycat fish and because that happened his inside mouth was cut of pretty badly and can barley eat all you can see is white stuff in his mouth like his flesh does anyone know a solutions to this I need help should I cut it off or will it heal I need help quick

submitted by /u/cristianr9
[link] [comments]

Phosguard with planted tanks.

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 04:21 PM PDT

I have a 55 gallon planter aquarium with 5 goldfish. I recently have an issue with brown algae and decided to by Phosguard from Seachem. My question is: will my plants die off or wilt if I add the Phosguard to my canister filter? Is it possible to just add some (measurements would be appreciated) to ensure some phosphate is removed and some is left for the plants? Thanks in advanced?

submitted by /u/kingofkiingzs25
[link] [comments]

Infiltrated this nano goldfish group....thoughts from experienced keepers??

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 07:46 PM PDT

Moving goldfish from 25G to 40G tank and need advice.

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 05:58 PM PDT

I am moving a single Shubunkin from a cycled, with perfect water parameters tank to a clean 40 gallon.

I am replacing the old gravel 2-5mm with 1.5-2.5mm sand. In two days I will be doing my regular water change (25% every 7 days).

I intended to 1. Syphon 80% of the water into the new tank

  1. Place the filter into the 40G alongside a large piece of bog wood with java ferns (also from the old tank)

  2. Put the Shubunkin in the new tank

4A. Completely fill the rest of the tank up with fresh conditioned water. Dosing seachem conditioner every day for a couple of weeks whilst using api master test kit every day to monitor.

4B. Add 20% new water on top of the transferred old current water and every week remove 20% water and add 30% clean water until it's full and go back to normal 25% water changes. Monitor water every day with api master test kit

submitted by /u/shubunkin21
[link] [comments]

Just finished a major cleanup. Will add more later. Feels great

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 05:35 PM PDT

What to do with nippy fish?

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 09:48 AM PDT

Okay, I had the disabled ranchu and the bubble eye who nipped off her tail. I put the nippy bubble eye in a breeder box. Nut, the ranchu is now out and about and swimming with confidence. But I can't return the nippy bubble eye or rehome it at the moment. Best recommendations? It seems unfair to leave him in the breeder box.

submitted by /u/Madbettalady
[link] [comments]

help please

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 03:06 PM PDT

so i have a black more and he has one cloudy eye, i've already googled everything, cleaned the tank, and medicated the water. if anyone who's experienced this with a fish could message me it'd be so appreciated, thanks

worried fish parent, :(

submitted by /u/thefuckisintheair
[link] [comments]

Caught my fish spawning!

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 02:44 PM PDT

Help!

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 01:39 PM PDT

Hey so last night the goldfish in this pic died. The eyes have been like that for a while before he left. I changed the water and cleaned the tank last night after the death. I just woke up today to find my biggest fish with I think swim bladder disease and another smaller one dead. What's going on?

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 09:37 AM PDT

When can my goldfish be moved into the pond?

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 01:17 PM PDT

I have 6 comet tail goldfish that are currently inside. What temperature does the pond have to be before the fish go in?

submitted by /u/saucycheesestick
[link] [comments]

Is (s)he pregnant or just chubby? Maybe even overfed?

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 12:30 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.