Axolotl - Aquariums - Quarantine can't be so bad if it means I get to see more of this sweet derpy face


Quarantine can't be so bad if it means I get to see more of this sweet derpy face

Posted: 24 Mar 2020 06:44 AM PDT

His name is Mr. Cup. Full name Butter Cup.

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 11:53 AM PDT

Useful advice from the axolotl Mr.Yoo

Posted: 24 Mar 2020 12:05 AM PDT

This is Mr. Cups brother, his full name is "Whip a Tesla" Tesla for short.

Posted: 24 Mar 2020 07:41 AM PDT

Corner quarantine

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 04:37 PM PDT

Jim after a few weeks of growth. I'm surprised at how active these guys are, always swimming around.

Posted: 24 Mar 2020 01:43 AM PDT

Monkey peeps his little head out of a hole in his mountain when I call his name!

Posted: 24 Mar 2020 08:38 AM PDT

Sick Axolotl - Fungus, red gilled, almost all gill filaments have fallen off, tile bottom tank, 60-63 degrees Fahrenheit constantly, 0 nitrite or ammonia, 20ppm nitrate.... more in comments

Posted: 24 Mar 2020 04:20 AM PDT

With the quarantine and all I've managed to finish putting my tank back together. Waiting for the sand to settle and the cycle to finish.

Posted: 24 Mar 2020 06:13 AM PDT

Quarantine ain’t bad with my homies

Posted: 24 Mar 2020 06:07 AM PDT

Eliza Feeling a little curious

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 10:34 AM PDT

Needed to find something to do during this quarantine so I decided to make Fredo out of old polymer clay that I found in the house. Not the best, but its my first attempt at anything with clay.

Posted: 24 Mar 2020 10:15 AM PDT

Not a real axolotl, but just as cute

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 05:11 PM PDT

Axolotl swimming weird

Posted: 24 Mar 2020 08:32 AM PDT

My axolotls will be sitting still then for no reason just start going WILD and swimming all over the tank and bashing into stuff

Why ?!?

submitted by /u/berandripley
[link] [comments]

Urgent, help! ~0.25 ppm ammonia in what I thought was a cycled tank, won't go down with water changes or adding cycled sponge filter to the tank. 3 50% water changes with NO results

Posted: 24 Mar 2020 01:47 AM PDT

Frantic as fuck right now as my 200L tank is suddenly reading ~0.25 ppm of ammonia. I am not new to aquarium keeping, and have NEVER in my 10 years experienced an ammonia spike.

Generally, the course of action would be to keep doing water changes until the levels drop, but as I live in australia, I have to wait for his tank to cool down before I go in with another water change. Due to the sudden heatwave, his chiller is really struggling, and the temp is actually rising since his last water change. I don't have AC either.

I checked the state of the cycle before I added my axie --> 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, and ~10 nitrate. He has been in the tank for about 2 weeks, and the tank itself has been running for close to 2 months. It is planted, and there is evidence of plant growth.

I run an Eheim 600 classic canister filter, and have just added an additional sponge filter rated up to 250L from an established tank.

Tap water here is about 8.4 pH, with roughly 0.15 ppm ammonia. I understand ammonia is more toxic the higher the pH. I dose with Seachem Neutralizer but haven't had any results (pH remains around 8). Currently resorting to Indian Almond leaves as I cannot afford a reverse osmosis system right now.

I have done two 50% water changes today (1 with spring water, and 1 with clean water from a different established tank - hoping to get some of that bacteria) and the ammonia has only gone up (from 0.1 to 0.25ppm). I have been dosing with Seachem Safe (following the guidelines of 1 spoon measure per 25L for ammonia detoxification). I also did a 50% water change yesterday

Freaking the fuck out right now, because aside from the ammonia and high pH, my chiller (which has never had a problem maintaining temp before) is suddenly struggling in the Australian heat and the temp is steadily rising.

As for my Gummy, he is still eating, but appears stressed - his gills are forward and they have lost some of their fluffiness.

I feel like I can't just place him in a tub of fresh water while I tackle his main tank, as the water at my house has ammonia in it. I feel like I've exhausted all my avenues, especially with this godforsaken virus. I'm so worried about my lil guy - I rescued him from my former place of work just over a year ago, and nursed him back to health after he nearly died from ammonia burns and roundworm

Any advice/reassurance would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/Sivnips
[link] [comments]

Just ordered this pretty girl online and I need a name for her. Any ideas? :)

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 04:42 PM PDT

Currently one of my family members has my axolotl which means that i cant see him or my axolotl cause of the quarantine.

Posted: 24 Mar 2020 01:03 AM PDT

How many pellets should I feed my Axolotl and how often?

Posted: 24 Mar 2020 02:32 AM PDT

So I have soft sinking pellets and I'm wondering how many I should feed him(my Axolotl named Axol). I have been feeding him every two days and have been feeding him around 12 pellets. He is an adult and around 8 inches. I've had him for 17 days and he seems to be getten a bit fatter. Is this too little or too much?

submitted by /u/Akernal317
[link] [comments]

Losing frills on gills?? Over the past couple of weeks I've noticed my axie has been losing the little frills on his gills. I thought maybe something was wrong with the water so i bought a test kit, but the parameters seem to be fine? If anyone has any ideas please let me know

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 03:57 PM PDT

I noticed today that my axolotl has torn his tail! I’m not sure how it happened or if I should be worried about him being in pain/getting an infection. Advice would be great

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 11:11 AM PDT

Hard water stains

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 10:08 PM PDT

Hello! This is more of an aesthetic than an actual problem, my little friend is just so pretty I'd hate to have anything take away from her. I've had Mordecai for over a year, and my area has really hard water. She's healthy, but I've got a very unappealing hard water stain on the top of her cage. I haven't tried too hard to get it off because 1. It doesn't hurt her 2. I don't want to introduce anything that could hurt her into her tank

Any tips?

submitted by /u/IridescentAxlotl
[link] [comments]

Fungal infection, please help

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 06:11 PM PDT

I'm new to this subreddit and have only owned my axolotl for a few months but I desperately need your help, I'm sorry if there is a better place to put this but I'm really afraid. I moved back home from college a week ago and moved my axolotl Hank (recently reached maturity) home with me. Shortly after we got back he started eating less. Today I noticed that he had a fungal infection on his back. I tried to give him a salt bath for 10 minutes and put him into a new tank and it looked like it worked for a few hours, but then I checked on him again and he was barely moving and floating near the top of the tank. I moved him into a smaller tub and tried to fridge him. I don't know if I did enough or if it's too late to save him. Please help

Edit: after the salt bath he went up to the surface of his tank a lot and touched his face a lot, but I thought he was just agitated by the salt bath. I was going to try a black tea bath tomorrow.

Edit 2: I made sure that the salt I used had no iodine. I'm on well water so the water had no chlorine in it.

submitted by /u/paltering_1
[link] [comments]

Separating babies?

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 05:31 PM PDT

Do you guys always separate babies? I have over 100 that are about an inch long now with front legs. My local fish store was supposed to take them but they are closed, so now I'm wondering do I have to split them all up? Could I do one tank with bigger ones and one with smaller? I don't think I can handle 100 containers...

submitted by /u/pets0npets0npets
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.