Axolotl - Aquariums - My sweater ^-^ handmade with my love for axos


My sweater ^-^ handmade with my love for axos

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 03:23 AM PDT

Ghost is my tiniest axie but she wins the "prettiest gills award"

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 10:52 AM PDT

How can I go about reducing nitrite concentration?

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 08:39 AM PDT

Constipated axolotl. Should I “fridge” my tank with a chiller, or physically remove him? More inside.

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 04:46 AM PDT

hi! i am a new axolotl owner and i recently got this handsome lil feller :) his gills have been like this almost 24/7 is he stressed out or is that just how they lay at this age? if anyone could answer this it would be greatly appreciated :))

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 08:48 PM PDT

Friends for Axolotls

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 07:33 AM PDT

My daughter's snail just passed on. There snail was in the tank with our Axolotl at the pet store, and we brought them both home together.

My 4-year-old is worried that Lucy will be lonely. What other animals can be friends with Axolotls without needing a bigger tank?

submitted by /u/larkinmarie
[link] [comments]

Tyrion has grown only a little bit, I feed him frozen bloodworms, have tried sinking pellets, his water is amazing etc. I think it's time I try and find a more experienced home for him, (not selling him on here, this is definitely not an ad) maybe I am not experienced enough.

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 03:18 AM PDT

Axolotl gills curved forward help.

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 06:48 AM PDT

Became an axolotl dad this weekend, meet Booger

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 07:54 PM PDT

Our new baby, only has 3 legs and is half blind bless him

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 07:04 PM PDT

Sweet Eliza in her new home ❤️ Hoping to breed her when she hits 18 months. Any suggestions on pairings? Thinking of a copper gfp. She looks like a silver Dalmatian het leu and light wild type. Father was het copper. �� Anywho, she’s spoiled.

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 07:53 PM PDT

Help! What is wrong with my axolotl, I just got him yesterday and the only thing I’ve fed him was a 1 inch worm yesterday. It looks like he’s choking on and off for half an hour.

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 11:00 PM PDT

I think my axolotl might be bloated or overweight, but I'm not sure and, if she is, I don't know what to do to help her.

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 10:44 PM PDT

EDIT SUMMARY: I'm a dumbass. She laid a bunch of eggs. She was pregnant.

I was having technical difficulties when uploading a picture (it would fail every time I tried), so I'll try again in the morning because I think it could help. I'm sorry about that.

I recently came home from college due to the pandemic. I have an axolotl at home that my family looks after while I'm gone, and while I know they genuinely care for her and love her, I'm concerned that she's unhealthy.

She seems overweight. She looks like she is bulging around her hind legs and under her chin. Also, when looking at her from the side, her stomach protrudes downwards (I was under the impression that it is supposed to be pretty flat, but I might be wrong- please correct me if I am). When looking at her from the top, her torso is slightly wider than her head. She seems to have trouble moving because she is so large that she struggles to touch the bottom with her hind legs. She also turned down food tonight, which I thought was unusual (a nightcrawler that I had blanched and cut into multiple pieces; my other axolotl, who I take with me to college, was fine with the same worm). I'm incredibly worried about her.

Other information about her living conditions:

My family has been feeding her a diet of exclusively bloodworms (which I was unaware of until I came home; another thing I should have checked on), which is likely causing some issues.

She lives alone in a 20 gallon long that is well-filtered and has weekly water changes. She also has a nice hide that she loves hanging out in, and a few other hides that she'd rather sit on top of.

Other than the sand substrate, there is nothing in the tank that is smaller than her head. Unless a part somehow fell off of a tank decoration and she ate that, I don't think she could be impacted... But anything's possible, I guess.

So, how do I tell if an axolotl is overweight, and if she is, how can I go about helping her lose the excess weight so that she's healthier and more comfortable? Based on her symptoms, what should I do? Are there any good articles on this that I could read up on?

EDIT: So, she may have been pregnant... I put my other axolotl in there temporarily for about 2-3 hours while I set up his own tank, because he had been in a Tupperware container for about 7 hours and I was worried about the water quality because they produce so much waste. I didn't think anything of it because it was such a short time, and I didn't even consider the possibility of them breeding, but now there are literally hundreds of eggs. I read up on it and am freezing what I can and (probably) giving away anything I miss. I don't think I have the experience, time, space, or money to correctly raise that many, so I'm doing what I can, but I won't be keeping any. I'll also keep an eye on her health; she's smaller than average and I'm worried that this will take a lot out of her. Any tips on any of this would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/uncreativeusr002377
[link] [comments]

You can see the disgust in her face

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 03:13 PM PDT

How do you like my Axolotl tank? Although you can't see, there is an airstone and a moss ball in there.

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 04:57 PM PDT

New to Axolotls

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 06:46 PM PDT

Hi i'm from Houston and I would love to hear some recommendations from Axolotl owners here are some things I'd like to know

1.) What is a good tank size for 1-2 axolotls?
2.) Are there any breeders in the Houston area?
3.) What else would I need for my tank

and any other important information for what I would need to purchase or consider thank you all.

submitted by /u/Ackerman505
[link] [comments]

She look healthy?? Pretty terrible lighting photo. Just trying to be sure.

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 03:14 PM PDT

Chilling the tank?

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 09:10 PM PDT

Hi, I have 2 axolotls' and I'm having a struggle with keeping the tank cool. I don't have a lid and I have a fan constantly blowing and there's constant water flow. I was wondering if y'all had any cheap options for an aquarium chiller or any suggestions.

submitted by /u/kiwi9097
[link] [comments]

Just upgraded Lucci to a much bigger tank that he might be in for a year or 2 depending on how big he grows. Meaning I have to buy way more things because his tank looks empty now����plants are coming soon!

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 02:40 PM PDT

I’m worried about my axolotl

Posted: 22 Mar 2020 01:13 PM PDT

He is usually the best eater, but for the past week he hasn't been eating as much. I've also noticed his gills are shrinking. He's refused earth worms and barely eats his blood worms. Are there other things I can be feeding him? His water levels are good, he is in low light, and at a good temperature. I can't see any signs of an infection or parasite, is there something else I could be missing? Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Missy-Moon
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.