Axolotl - Aquariums - My friendliest little lotl


My friendliest little lotl

Posted: 30 Mar 2020 07:14 AM PDT

The growth of my baby. She grew up so fast!

Posted: 29 Mar 2020 03:56 PM PDT

Oh henlo, I am teo! who are you? do you have wørmbs?

Posted: 29 Mar 2020 05:05 PM PDT

Me and my dad have been working on an aquarium for my axolotl. We put foam over a plastic frame we built and smeared cement over it. Now we just need the plants and the waterfall

Posted: 30 Mar 2020 05:46 AM PDT

Pretty picture of Eliza’s colors. I’m still thinking silver Dalmatian, but what is the genetic makeup? ��

Posted: 30 Mar 2020 10:16 AM PDT

help! axolotl health issues and stickiness from fridging and salt bath

Posted: 30 Mar 2020 05:08 AM PDT

i'm asking here because the main site i go to has been down for awhile. i had my axolotl fridged for a few days for swimming funny and things were going good until he developed a very small fungus on one gill. i gave him a salt bath for fifteen minutes— i was stupid and misread 3 teaspoons as 3 tablespoons. when i pulled him out he looked awful and near death so i immediately put him back in his original fridged water and when that didn't work, i had his container floating in his tank to acclimate back into it— i was thinking for sure he was dead but then he started twitching and looked a lot more animated. after 30 minutes, he was back in his tank. i'm happy he's alive but he's so sticky and lethargic now. sand sticks to his skin. his fungus also got worse from all that. what should i do? i know i messed up bad and i really want to save him somehow.

submitted by /u/squareupcircledown
[link] [comments]

These are the cuts on my babies tail will they reattach .. what do I need to do ??

Posted: 30 Mar 2020 02:26 AM PDT

Literally no idea why her gills aren’t fluffy

Posted: 30 Mar 2020 08:49 AM PDT

I've tried everything. I check and recheck the water (0 ammonia, 0 nitrite). I have a 40 gallon with a canister filter, I have a chiller. I've done tea baths (and no I'm not gonna fridge before you ask). Her brother is in the same tank and his gills are fine. Her gills get smaller and smaller whenever I look. I'm at the end of my rope. What do I even do anymore?

(Also "she" is a he btw)

submitted by /u/megadoomed
[link] [comments]

Hi, I just need to brag because my baby is 6 months old today :,))) 7 inches, healthy, great amount of chunk, fluffy gills. I couldn’t be happier.

Posted: 30 Mar 2020 12:32 AM PDT

My axo isnt eating since yesterday

Posted: 30 Mar 2020 07:04 AM PDT

He (or she) is refusing to eat, and is arguably "lazy", but still moves when scared or something. pH is ok, ammonia and nitrites are zero.

submitted by /u/PedroTrench
[link] [comments]

Big girl thought my finger was a snack during her feeding time ❤ (shes in a feeding bowl not real tank)

Posted: 29 Mar 2020 08:15 PM PDT

HELP! Gill shrinkage during fridging? First 2 days of fridging gills were getting fluffier, now on day 4 they've suddenly shrunk and become ragged

Posted: 30 Mar 2020 06:12 AM PDT

Hello, me again.

Caudata's entire site is down at the moment, so I'm having to post here. Apologies if this issue is posted a lot.

I posted a few days ago asking for advice about a sudden ammonia spike --> https://www.reddit.com/r/axolotls/comments/fo1s95/urgent_help_025_ppm_ammonia_in_what_i_thought_was/

Well, I went ahead with fridging while I tried to get the tank under control. It was working. Gummy's gills got tuftier and he seemed to be improving (this was on Friday). 3 days later, and his gills have shrunk significantly with very little gill filaments left.

In just a couple of days, his gills almost literally went from what's on the right, to the left (before and after not recent, but similar comparison)

[my poor Gummy]( https://www.instagram.com/p/BzffNypniR1/ )

I am keeping him in 9-10 degrees Celsius water, and using Seachem Neutral Regulator to treat the water before each water change. I use a mixture of spring water and tap water, but treat them both the same. I always let the water come to temperature before each water change, and change out his water completely every 12 hours. I also agitate the surface every couple of hours to maintain oxygen.

His tank is still having ammonia issues so I'm having to keep him in the fridge. I have put fast-growing plants in there to try and naturally remedy the ammonia, as I don't want to have to subject him to stressful water changes.

I'm just so worried about the lil fella. Has anyone dealt with this, or could offer some insight?

Many thanks.

ETA: fancy text link for the image isn't working, sorry

submitted by /u/Sivnips
[link] [comments]

Daiquiri peeking out for snacks

Posted: 29 Mar 2020 06:33 PM PDT

Juvenile tank size?

Posted: 30 Mar 2020 02:39 AM PDT

I have a 20 gallon long tank set up but am not sure if I should only fill it halfway because it's a juvenile, what are your thoughts?

submitted by /u/DS2wasbetterJK
[link] [comments]

HELP PLEASE

Posted: 30 Mar 2020 12:26 AM PDT

FABULOSO was poured into my axolotl tank.

My axolotl was not in the tank. She is rubbed and safe.

But I really. Really need help.

Can is salvageable and what's not. Can I clean the sand? Do I need to get rid of the decorations? My canister filter?

Help. Please.

submitted by /u/The-Bees-Things
[link] [comments]

Triple hybrid axolotl babies! A. Mexicanum x A. Andersoni x A. Marvortium

Posted: 29 Mar 2020 02:58 PM PDT

HELP I CRASHED MY AXIES CYCLE

Posted: 29 Mar 2020 11:59 PM PDT

I rlly dont know what to do know, but i stupidly rinsed the filter and the elements off in tap water. Help

submitted by /u/Scwarletoo
[link] [comments]

Stuck at home so I decided to turn my axolotl tank into an Aztec temple. I think they like it!

Posted: 29 Mar 2020 01:52 PM PDT

Marvel just doin his thing

Posted: 29 Mar 2020 12:30 PM PDT

So I took a picture of my Axolotl but I forgot I had my flash on he jumped back but since he is stressed of water temperature he is just sitting there. Could I have blinded him? I'm scared.

Posted: 29 Mar 2020 10:05 PM PDT

I am really scared, the title says it all. Should I really be paranoid? Also I am cooling the water temperature

submitted by /u/Akernal317
[link] [comments]

Is my axolotl a mutant?

Posted: 29 Mar 2020 03:12 PM PDT

3 month old babies! Can anyone help ID color morphs?

Posted: 29 Mar 2020 12:50 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.