Goldfish - Aquariums - Little update! I added sand and some pebbles to the aquarium. She’s settled in lovely!


Little update! I added sand and some pebbles to the aquarium. She’s settled in lovely!

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 02:06 PM PST

What's this, what's this? A new friend for JB!

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 01:23 PM PST

Caught her red handed while destroying the plants ����

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 06:42 AM PST

Hans Gruber gets a bit excited at feeding time.

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 07:06 AM PST

Ladies and gentlemen, meet Spaducci!!

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:02 PM PST

Welcome Bertha and Sheldon!

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:45 PM PST

This is my black moor, Jack. He was born unique!

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 05:21 AM PST

JB poop meister helping his new friend out(Spaducci)!! Nip nip nip

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 01:22 PM PST

Help! Unusual lump on left side. Sorry for potato quality. Just did a water change so it's a bit cloudy.

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:12 PM PST

Help identifying two recently acquired goldfish breeds if possible :)

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 03:43 PM PST

Hey all! A new member here! We have two comets called Fin and Blue. Here's a video of Fin being his super sassy self which he always does to me whenever I enter the same room as him! (Not enough room here more info below⬇)

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 02:39 AM PST

Weird pattern with my black moors

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 07:08 PM PST

So, thanks to this sub, I recently switch from flakes to repashy gold for my fancies. However, I still am having some swim bladder issues with my black moors, but it's a pattern. In the morning everyone is happy and fine, then in the evening I feed all four of my fish, and within an hour, the black moors are floating near the top having trouble swimming downward. By the next morning, they are fine again, and the pattern continues. My other two fish (a lionhead and a calico telescope) are fine. I've tried fasting them, etc, and this pattern just continues. Does anyone have any info or advice? They seem fine otherwise, they just spend much of the night trying to swim downward or floating near the top, and when I get up in the morning to check on them, they're fine again.

submitted by /u/benne070
[link] [comments]

How to grieve ��

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 06:55 PM PST

I lost my baby about 2 weeks ago, and I'm still having a hard time moving on. He was a black moor, had him about 2 years, and made the foolish mistake of not quarantining a new tank mate for long enough, ended up with the dreaded ich, and sadly he didnt make it. I'm afraid to introduce new fish into my life out of guilt, has anyone else felt this way? Or am I overly sensitive? I tried treating with malachite green (brand was Nox-Ich, LFS suggested it) was that a mistake? I'm afraid it was too harsh for him, and I dont want to possibly make the same mistake and have another poor baby suffer from my lack of understanding.

submitted by /u/peechibee
[link] [comments]

Hi! My dad just bought 2 goldfishies and this one has black fins(he came like this from the store). Is it normal or is he sick?

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 02:58 AM PST

Current?

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 09:44 AM PST

Hey, finally picked up my piggies today (black Moor, pearlscale and a red cap all about 1.5" long). They're in a 200L tank and seem to be struggling with the current, so I've turned it right down and popped a spray bar on there and they seem a lot happier. Is this going to affect the cleanliness of the tank? I'm aware that they're dirty little poopers so my plan was to keep it high enough to get through more water. Also my filter seems to make more noise on a lower setting which is annoying as its right next to my bed :(

submitted by /u/_error405
[link] [comments]

Can I save my fish?

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 01:30 AM PST

I have an outdoor pond with 5 comet and 5 Shubunkin goldfish. All around 6cm.

Today I found one of my comets had been sucked into the filter box of the pond. I didn't think much of this at first because this has been happening occasionally since we started the pond (~6 months now), and the fish are always fine. I took the fish out and returned it to the pond, where it swam to the bottom and stayed there. I figured it was just scared from being moved back to the tank, but after a while I realised it was still there and realised something was wrong.

Upon closer inspection my fish seems to be suffering from some kind of swim-bladder issues, as it either hides at the bottom or floats on its side near the surface of the water. It has also lost a lot of scales, I assume from scraping against rocks as it is pushed around by the water current or from stress. It might also have gotten very thin, but it's hard to tell.

After researching what I could online, I tried feeding bits of green pea to the fish, but I couldn't get it to respond to the food, after trying both hand-feeding it and leaving food in the water. I have moved the fish to a bucket so it can't do any more damage to itself, but it just floats.

From what research I have done, people seem to give sick fish a few days to recover before taking any drastic measures. I expect I will likely end up having to euthanise the fish, but I wanted to get a second opinion before I do, in case there is a chance of recovery.

Thank you for your help! I can provide additional information if needed.

submitted by /u/flaahgra012
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.