Axolotl - Aquariums - I truly wanted to share my axolotl Nitroglycerine somewhere. So here’s her derp face!


I truly wanted to share my axolotl Nitroglycerine somewhere. So here’s her derp face!

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 06:03 AM PST

Playtime with my little buddy.

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 03:24 AM PST

This is Axlerod!! He says hello!

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 07:44 AM PST

Beets and his full belly! ��

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 06:35 AM PST

This is one of my axolotls, Speckles! I cant believe hatched him from an egg look how big he is now :’)

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 07:56 AM PST

Can you spot the Beets? ��

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 07:46 AM PST

What else can we feed our axolotls? Sensei has been eating worms since I got him 2 years ago—he looks mini. But too cute! He eats pellets as well. I feed him 3 days out of a week. Depending on how active the worm is, he will spit out live worms. I’ve tried to assist him, it doesn’t help.

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 08:34 AM PST

Viggo is ready for his closeup

Posted: 10 Feb 2020 06:34 PM PST

You ever get the feeling that you're being watched?

Posted: 10 Feb 2020 06:35 PM PST

Every time!

Posted: 10 Feb 2020 06:15 PM PST

Just chilling.

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 06:32 AM PST

How often to feed a four month old Axolotl who needs to gain weight?

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 09:07 AM PST

I have a four month old Axolotl, and when I named him Tyrion I didn't know I was making him destined to be tiny. Lol, but yeah I'm feeding the recommended amount for him but I was told to feed the lil guy more. I know it takes them a bit to digest their food, so feeding him more worries me. Should I feed him once a day? Or maybe a whole bloodworm cube every 2 days? Please be polite and know I'm trying my best and I didn't just jump into getting a Axolotl. This is just tricky you know?

submitted by /u/lexisrexiso
[link] [comments]

My boys waiting for a snack(wild caught salad shrimp) they are both just over 7 inches long now.

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 08:47 AM PST

Anyone ever physically help axolotl eggs hatch?

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 07:47 AM PST

I saw a video on YouTube of someone helping the babies come out of the eggs by essentially cutting a hole in the egg and shake it. The babies WERE developed, and she said the others had hatched days ago and that these would likely die if she didn't help them.

Has anyone done this? Thoughts? I have a batch of eggs and my first hatchlings were 4 days ago so I'm wondering if the others will likely hatch on their own of if I should help them a bit?

TLDR: thoughts on helping fully formed axolotl babies out of their eggs?

submitted by /u/pets0npets0npets
[link] [comments]

Im not sure if this is the right sub but still

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 07:34 AM PST

if you think about it Axolotls are pretty freaky. like imagine being one but only humanoid. you have your lungs dangling outside your body. luckily you would look cute as hell while being one.

submitted by /u/tardinator02
[link] [comments]

Tanaka, my new GFP Leucistic! He’s a little thin right now but once we get him some worms he’ll fatten right up :)

Posted: 10 Feb 2020 05:22 PM PST

Thrift store finds! I refurbished a desk fountain for my morph terrarium. After a thorough inspection Itzi decided that his log cave is still a better house.

Posted: 10 Feb 2020 08:42 PM PST

Are plastic plants ok for axolotls?

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 07:00 AM PST

Need help with a newly cycling tank ��

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 01:23 AM PST

I'm decently new to cycling aquariums and I've gone for a fishless method using powdered ammonium. It's a 20 gallon long and I've been sitting at 3ppm ammonia for about 6 days. This morning I tested for ammonia and it was at zero, finally some nitrite too! My roommate took my tool for measuring my ammonium and I put in a bit too much this time. I'm testing at up to 6ppm now, I don't know what to do? I've been reading up all day on what my best choice is. I've read many differing opinions on doing a big water change at this time in the cycle. I've also read that ammonia levels above 5ppm will start to kill some bacteria. I'm worried that I've stopped this cycle in it's tracks, any and all advice is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/RatherNerdyMan
[link] [comments]

High ammonia for a newly cycling tank

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 01:23 AM PST

I'm decently new to cycling aquariums and I've gone for a fishless method using powdered ammonium. It's a 20 gallon long and I've been sitting at 3ppm ammonia for about 6 days. This morning I tested for ammonia and it was at zero, finally some nitrite too! My roommate took my tool for measuring my ammonium and I put in a bit too much this time. I'm testing at up to 6ppm now, I don't know what to do? I've been reading up all day on what my best choice is. I've read many differing opinions on doing a big water change at this time in the cycle. I've also read that ammonia levels above 5ppm will start to kill some bacteria. I'm worried that I've stopped this cycle in it's tracks, any and all advice is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/RatherNerdyMan
[link] [comments]

My Axolotl hasn't grown? This is my four month old Axolotl Tyrion. Does anyone know how this could be? His environment is perfect tempature and water quality are great :(

Posted: 10 Feb 2020 04:44 PM PST

My dog staring my Axolotl down

Posted: 10 Feb 2020 03:40 PM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.