Aquatic Snails Interesting - My Snails go to the top at night


Interesting - My Snails go to the top at night

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 11:45 AM PST

Still waiting for the 1st batch to hatch, got the 5th batch today

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 08:41 PM PST

New Red Racer Nerite For my Nano Tank

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 04:56 PM PST

How do these look? We’re at 4 days now.

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 05:04 PM PST

What kind of snail is this? I need to know if it’s a land or water snail. I found it in my home and thought it was dead but it’s not. It’s the middle of Minnesota winter so I have no idea where this guy came from

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 07:47 PM PST

Guide of illnesses for nerite snails?

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 06:17 PM PST

Is there a guide of illnesses or conditions for nerite snails? It's been a week since my nerite detached from the wall of its tank and has been just sitting at the bottom of my tank. It's alive as it moves here and there on the occasion but its definitely not cruising like it use to. It perhaps moves about half an inch to an inch each day. I noticed that it seems to be keeping its foot very close to its body and not spread out like healthy snails do. I read that if you got sick fish its helpful to do frequent smaller water changes, so I've been taking a little bit each morning and adding declorinated water. I've also added an air stone, thinking perhaps its the oxygen level, but the stone doesn't seem to effect it at all. Temp is around 73- 75-ish. Currently waiting on my paycheck to get a new test kit.

submitted by /u/Glassfern
[link] [comments]

How do assassin snails work?

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 04:27 PM PST

Idk how else to title this post. I had a bad infestation of pest snails and got 2 assassin snails in my 5 gallon tank. They did a darn good job at first. Let a couple survive which I thought was intelligent because they would have a steady but not crazy supply of snacks. However, they disappear for weeks at a time in the tiny 5 g tank. Then suddenly I will see one and then it disappears. I havent seen both together in over a month so I'm not sure if they're both alive still. Now I'm starting to have an infestation again... do they hibernate? Take a long time to digest? What's happening?

submitted by /u/Nonsense89
[link] [comments]

Can I get an ID please!

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 05:40 AM PST

Snails migrate to top of tank at night

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 05:32 AM PST

I found out from stalking my tank that the snails all migrate to the top at night.

Why is this?

I have mystery snails and ramshorns, probably about 80 of each and its kinda weird to see all of them in a big line across the top just underwater lvl.

Ill try to get a pic lol

submitted by /u/SadisticSienna
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.