Shrimp Tank - Aquariums - Best of 2019: Please Vote!


Best of 2019: Please Vote!

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 02:09 PM PST

Please upvote and downvote under each category.

The winners will be announced in a separate thread.

submitted by /u/hmwith
[link] [comments]

Already in love ��

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 06:30 PM PST

Queue the Space Odyssey opening theme

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 08:41 AM PST

Found this guy at the LFS today

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 09:43 AM PST

Overhauled my shrimp tank! The volcano wasn't my first choice but my son loves Finding Nemo...

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 03:05 PM PST

My beautiful berried gal

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 04:44 PM PST

Baby Amano and Red Cherry

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 06:38 PM PST

Ghost shrimp enjoying one of the moss balls ��

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 06:34 PM PST

Black water tea anyone?

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 12:50 PM PST

I brought home this mama today!

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 01:39 PM PST

Gave me a mini heart attack.

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 01:08 AM PST

My newest shrimplet. 2-3mm gravel for scale.

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 05:21 AM PST

Down and down into the deep, who knows what we we'll find beneath?

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 12:11 AM PST

Marine Mutualism: Cleaner Shrimp

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 07:23 PM PST

Marine Mutualism: Cleaner Shrimp

Source: Urry, Lisa A.. Campbell Biology (p. 1212). Pearson Education. Kindle Edition.

At first glance, you might think the situation in the above photo looks dire for this cleaner shrimp, which has ventured into the mouth of the giant eel, a voracious predator in its coral reef habitat. With one snap of its jaw, the eel could easily crush the shrimp and swallow it. However, the shrimp is not in danger of becoming this eel's dinner. The much larger animal remains still, with its mouth open, and allows the smaller shrimp free passage as it picks out and eats tiny parasites living inside the eel's mouth and on its skin. In this interaction, both organisms benefit: The cleaner shrimp gains access to a supply of food, and its eel client is freed of parasites that might weaken it or spread disease. There are many other examples of such mutually beneficial "cleaner" and "client" relationships in marine habitats. However, other interactions between species are less benign for one of the participants, and still other interactions can negatively affect the reproduction and survival of both species involved.

Source:

Urry, Lisa A.. Campbell Biology (p. 1212). Pearson Education. Kindle Edition.

More info: https://monimize.com/2019/12/08/marine-mutualism-cleaner-shrimp/

submitted by /u/benveb1214
[link] [comments]

Just finished setting this tank up. I have never kept a shrimp-only tank but I have done lots of research and i’m very exited. Hoping for the val to grow in a little and not look so bad. Does Anyone know any good neocaridina sellers online the can ship to me in florida?

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 04:40 PM PST

Intoducing the chameleon shrimp

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 05:22 PM PST

Trimmed up my little shrimp tank, before and afters...

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 09:01 PM PST

Rate my crystal setup, beneficial criticism encouraged.

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 10:53 AM PST

Did my ghost shrimp eat my cherry shrimp? And what do I do now?

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 10:06 PM PST

I have had ghost shrimp for over a year. I decided to expand my horizons and get cherries. I went to a local aquatics shop to get only cherries. The lady accidentally caught two ghost shrimp along with the 8 cherries. She said it should be okay because they already lived in the store together.

So I had my new guys for about two weeks when I left for three days. I come back and there are only 3 cherries left. So now I have three cherries, two ghosts, two mystery snails, and a feeder guppy that grew up a little (from another store that accidentally caught him when getting me feeder ghost shrimp).

Is it possible that the ghost shrimp ate the cherries? Or the guppy ate them? I think the guppy is way to small to eat a shrimp, but that's my opinion. The tank is 3 gallons -- which I think might be the reason for them not getting along. Since I got home, the ghosts stay at the bottom and the cherries stay in the water lettuce at the top.

So two of the cherries I currently have are/were berried. One laid her eggs today (what's the right terminology?) while the other still has hers. I would like to have these eggs survive. What should I do in order to increase the chances of that happening? I have a second tank that I can put the ghosts in, but I can't take both tanks back to college in two weeks.

Can a more experienced person tell me what I did wrong and how to come back from it?

submitted by /u/butchbitch82
[link] [comments]

What species of pistol shrimp is this? It's obviously not a Tiger as it was sold to me as, but I love that color pattern, so no complaints here!

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 10:02 PM PST

3 days into the pl- Oh hey, a Molt!

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 01:30 AM PST

Opinions on my new setup for cherry shrimp? Also can you guys give me some tips on cycling without fish/specifically for shrimp? The back is still a mess because the plants are bent but it’ll be okay.

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 03:31 PM PST

Cherry shrimp land!

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 04:38 AM PST

Newly stocked Fluval Ebi

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 10:34 AM PST

Is this a male?

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 06:26 PM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.