Jarrariums - Technically a paludarium, but inspired to locally collect by this sub! Lots more info in comments!


Technically a paludarium, but inspired to locally collect by this sub! Lots more info in comments!

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 05:34 PM PST

Idk had some aquascape leftovers..

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 12:07 PM PST

My coffee pot jarrarium. Home of 3 hitchhikers pond snails.

Posted: 16 Jan 2020 03:28 AM PST

Does this count as a jarrarium? I made this a couple months ago after a trim on the main aquarium. Thought it would be good to post it after I saw this sub reddit.

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 07:22 PM PST

One gallon terrarium. 4 months old

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 08:38 PM PST

Made my first native terrarium its so tiny and cute

Posted: 16 Jan 2020 08:48 AM PST

Update on my Jarrarium! Its been 2.5ish months. 3 adult ramshorn, 1 bladder snail, and a few baby snails around.

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 03:50 PM PST

Attempting to create a paludarium in a jar

Posted: 16 Jan 2020 05:04 AM PST

Hello there,

I'm going to attempt to create a small paludarium in a jar. Jar will be approximately 5 liters, so it'll be a bit difficult maybe. I was planning to make a height difference using those tiny aquarium stones, and on top of that some mesh and substrate, but I have a question about this. I read a lot about creating a terrarium in a jar, and for that everyone always uses charcoal to filter the water. I suppose I don't want something like that for this project because there will also be some standing water in it. Is that true?

Initially I'll just put some water plants in the water part, but no fish. Maybe, if it's big enough, I might add some tiny shrimp or something but I guess not.

Any tips are very welcome!

submitted by /u/lvc19
[link] [comments]

Does this count?

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 02:50 PM PST

help me be a good moss ball mother

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:38 PM PST

hi everyone, i'm new to jarrariums and aquascapes etc. but i have just inherited a moss ball from a friend of a friend. i've always loved the looks of fun tanks with plants but i don't even know where to start and i'm kind of overwhelmed? i know carbonated water is good, and ice cubes and occasional currents, squeezes, water changes, etc. but what i'm really overwhelmed with is what to put with it? i've seen so many aquatic plants in fish tanks die and i just have no idea what substrate to use. i also know the moss ball loves cold water similar to lakes and streams, but i've found in my research that most simple pretty beginner aquatic plants need temps around 75F? so basically i have a moss ball in a jar and they're happy but i can DO BETTER FOR THEM someone please guide me

submitted by /u/num1garbage
[link] [comments]

Is anyone able to help me create my first jarrarium? More details in description :)

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 11:15 PM PST

Ok, so I have a 3L jar and I really want to make a jararrium, I understand that this may be to small for something like shrimp (which I do want) and I can probably find a larger jar at a shop (5.6L). If someone could help me with the setup, care, and general knowledge that would be great.

If possible, someone that can talk on discord for longer and more in depth discussions than on Reddit.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/davisg18
[link] [comments]

Periphyton: The ignored producer you really should be using in your jarrariums

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 10:50 PM PST

First timer. What are the chances most of these turn into flying bugs?

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 06:52 PM PST

Anyone have advice on treating detritus in a jarrarium? Dont wanna be using de worming chemicals through risk of killing molluscs and crustaceans that call this home. I have done daily and large water changes and siphoning to remove any and all organic waste build up as well as stiring the substrate

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 03:09 PM PST

Duckweed can do that?! How duckweed can build an ecosystem. My half gallon duckweed based ecosystem cube.

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 02:32 PM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.