Jarrariums - I just set up my first Walstad tank and had a bunch of hornwort left over. So, I made this!


I just set up my first Walstad tank and had a bunch of hornwort left over. So, I made this!

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 06:16 AM PST

Will this do? Been a lurker for a while. I saved this glass jar from landfill. Does it need a lid though?

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 03:56 PM PST

Anubias Nana Petite Rooted In Christmas Moss. UNS Controsoil & Gunsmoke Gravel. Both Appear To Be Doing Well.

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 10:35 AM PST

My First Jarrarium! Any tips for keeping the moss alive?

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 10:17 AM PST

Is it worth open-airing this jar until the bacterial bloom dies down a bit? Plants are pearling so O2 isn't an issue, just worried about any anaerobic nasties building up.

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 03:05 AM PST

Best way to clean jars for a closed ecosystem?

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 10:00 AM PST

How do you best clean a previously used jar for an ecosystem without having debris left over and without the cleaning product causing any damage?

submitted by /u/24axolotl42
[link] [comments]

!HELP! A insect infiltration

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 05:56 AM PST

There seems to be a infiltration of insects in my jarrium. I have a bunch of snails and three shrimp. I do have a open top which might be the reason. There is two different types of insects that I have seen. One is a bulb with two antennas and a thin tail.It is about 1 to 0.5 millimeters.The other one looks like a thin tube and moves like a inchworm. It is about 5 millimeters. Please tell me how to get rid of them. Thanks.

submitted by /u/pointlessVerb
[link] [comments]

HELP!!! I got some ocean sand and water and some algae in a jar hoping to get some microscopic crustaceans in there but somehow I got a sand crab in there. Idk how to keep him and I don’t want him to die. What should I do?

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 09:04 PM PST

Any recommendations for good places to get large sized jars?

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 04:46 PM PST

I'm sure part of the fun is just scouting around but in interested to know if anyone has found a good place to by new large sized jars?

submitted by /u/trsra
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.