Jarrariums - heard you guys and gals might like this


heard you guys and gals might like this

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 02:52 PM PST

First jar (bowl?), abt 1.5gal. Home to small ramshorn snails. Any tips?

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 10:05 AM PST

Can a jarrarium be a cube? I don't see a lot of cubes. I think I did something you might find interesting, I wanted to see how bare bones I could start one. I started with tap water, 1 K+P fert dose, and put duckweed on top. Nothing else. Took 2 months to "power up". But it worked. Txt

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 04:55 AM PST

Album: Forgive me preparing this on imgur took a while hope it's ok to link here.

"Just a picture of it pls" link: https://i.imgur.com/P3TkEvL.jpg

Album explaining the process and boring stuff https://imgur.com/gallery/KpXzMNd/comment/1788387411

submitted by /u/AggressiveEagle
[link] [comments]

Found this cool little project online. I plan on building one this weekend with my kids.

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 01:31 PM PST

Where do you get your glassware?

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 09:44 PM PST

Pretty new to jarrariums and I'm trying to do research! I have a couple questions:

  1. What size should a jarrarium be? What's the minimum I should be working with?

  2. What are some nice places to get glassware? I've been looking around but everything is crazy expensive.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/synapticimpact
[link] [comments]

Can/Should sand or gravel be used as a substrate caps for natural (pond) ecospheres? (I am going to try to starting planting)

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 06:26 PM PST

Hello,

I am particularly interested in natural closed ecospheres derived from pond/lake water. I was curious whether it is possible to use gravel as a cap for plants in a pond ecosphere in order to both keep the in place, as well as to slightly prevent substrate from getting all over the plants. the only thing I am concerned about is whether adding a sand or gravel cap may potentially destroy life that is in the mud. Have any of you used sand or gravel as a substrate? or Would you not recommend it?

thank you!

submitted by /u/suchascenicworld
[link] [comments]

Detritus worms

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 05:53 PM PST

Anyone have them? Good? Bad? I'm inclined to ignore them.

submitted by /u/Throwawayunknown55
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.