Goldfish - Aquariums - My shiny frens were rescued from being flushed after being used for "Goldfish Bowl Centerpieces" during an event my gf catered. I know they cost 40 cents, but they're not garbage.


My shiny frens were rescued from being flushed after being used for "Goldfish Bowl Centerpieces" during an event my gf catered. I know they cost 40 cents, but they're not garbage.

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 12:03 PM PST

I call this picture "How long until my husband tries to eat the fresh batch of Soilent Green?"

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 04:49 PM PST

circle of grazing

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 06:33 AM PST

Four month difference in the three smallest fish.

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 12:15 PM PST

Dumpling discovering spinach for the first time, and making sure I’m watching

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 04:13 AM PST

What should I do for this kind of injury?

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 06:40 PM PST

Hi r/Goldfish! I’m new to the group and just got my first aquarium 29 gallon long. Hoping to add 2 goldfish after the cycling is done.

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 11:49 AM PST

What do I need to add to a new fish tank for my goldfish?

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 01:49 PM PST

Also what kind of decorations should I choose from ranging from rocks/sand to live/plastic plants.

submitted by /u/or7070
[link] [comments]

Can anybody help me with Penny?? It’s been days, and he’s no better...help

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 05:54 AM PST

I'm having issues posting my video on here, but can anybody give me any advice on my first goldfish? I've moved my comet to his own little 10 gallon medical tank for now, and he's really got me worried. I thought at first he had constipation, but after stopping his regular food of Fluval bug bites and some freeze dried shrimp once in a while and only giving peas he's getting worse. He also IS pooping, and not bloated. Now he just lays at the bottom of the tank unless my bf comes around to feed him or I do, or he comes up for air, then he breached for some reason. There's a 40 gallon bubbler going, 50 gallon sponge filter, and the activated charcoal filter that came with the tank. He has spinach leaves available fresh every day that he usually eats, but he hasn't had much interest in the last day or two. The heater is set to 72. We've been doing daily water changes and testing, but his water remains pretty close to perfect (we won't be stopping though). Everything we could think of. Ammonia 0/Nitrates 10/Nitrites 0/KH&GH <140/PH 7.5/Temp 72/Oxygen (no test). Penny does not present with any other outward signs of distress, nor other symptoms, no red belly, no raised scales, nothing else. I just want him happy, healthy, and swimming around again! At this point we're not sure if we should try an Epsom salt bath, maybe put the Epsom salt right in the little tank? Or maybe we should treat for an infection at this point? Or parasite? HELP!

submitted by /u/WildRose1010
[link] [comments]

Sick goldfish

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 07:09 AM PST

Hello all,

I have two Goldfish which I've had for roughly a year in a 65L tank along with a shrimp. One of the goldfish seems to have recently developed uclers(?) on his side within the last few days. Here our my tank readings:

  • Date: 30/09/19 Nitrate (NO3): 40 Nitrite (NO2): 0 pH: 7.5 Carbonate Hardness (KH): 180 General Hardness (GH): 180
  • Date: 26/11/19 Nitrate (NO3): 40 Nitrite (NO2): 0 pH: 8 Carbonate Hardness (KH): 180 General Hardness (GH): 180
  • Date: 14/01/20 Nitrate (NO3): 20 Nitrite (NO2): 0 pH: 7.5 Carbonate Hardness (KH): 120 General Hardness (GH): 180

Here are some pictures: https://imgur.com/a/Hht5aOs

He isn't swimming round like normal, just sitting at the bottom. The other one is fine. Any advice on what I should do to help the poor guy would be great.

submitted by /u/real_state_of_mind
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.