Crayfish Do you see the white fuzz growing on her back? Is she okay?


Do you see the white fuzz growing on her back? Is she okay?

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 08:41 PM PST

Cool crayfish aquascape.

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 04:03 PM PST

Update on the one armed crayfish

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 05:12 PM PST

So I recently made a post asking for advice on how to keep a crayfish that I saved from a nasty pet store, this is an update and also another request for advice. After reading all the great comments and advices you guys left, I was feeling ready for this new adventure, but unfortunately when I got home from college tonight, the little guy was laying still by the side of the tank, and looking closely, it's pretty clear that he has died.

I'm feeling honestly devastated right now and really sad that I couldn't put your advice into practice, if he had lasted just one more day I would have had the tank, the filter, the decorations, everything all ready for him. I want to try having a cray again but really making it right this time from the get-go, does anyone have any idea why he could have died? I have some ideas but I'm not really sure whether any of them are right.

I think it could either have been:
- the water, being unfiltered
- the water, because of the temperature (although I checked and it felt normal to my hand, so it was room temp)
- lack of space (don't know if this is a thing)
- bad food pellets - seeing how bad the store was, I wouldn't put it past them to sell me expired food, I actually found him lying next to a half eaten pellet, it was bottom feeder food made from fish and shrimp
- stress

submitted by /u/Lobotomias-OTDA
[link] [comments]

Some Cambarellus Crayfish in my 55 L tank

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 01:26 AM PST

I do not understand the "mind" of a crayfish...

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 03:14 AM PST

So I'm in the process of moving several tanks of crayfish from my bedroom, where they are crowding me out, to my basement, where I am working on an aquaponics system. As part of the process I had to move two of the male crays that were not previously together into a single 80-gallon tank.

About three hours later, I look, and they're fighting. I try breaking up the fight several times, but they just go back at each other.

So I have a solution-- plastic crate type thing with sides that have holes that should be too narrow for them to get through, and is large enough to block the tank into two sections.

Ten minutes later, I glance over... they're both on the same side of the tank. And getting along fine in less than half the space.

submitted by /u/IterationFive
[link] [comments]

Crayfish trying to escape??

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:37 AM PST

Hello, i got my electric blue crayfish (Hank) about a few weeks ago. I temporarily kept him in a 5gal until i learned he needed at least a 10gal tank. The thing is, i upgraded the tank to a 10gal, cycled the water out, adjusted him to the water and everything, but he attempts to escape every night. I have a few plants and plenty of hiding spaces in there for him, but he only comes out at night and when he does, he's climbing the tank and patrolling around. I've seen him propel himself to the top of the tank, like he's trying to launch himself out of it a few times. Is it normal for him to try to escape? Or is there something wrong with the tank :((? I saw an older post about this same issue, but i was wondering what you guys had in mind.

submitted by /u/Magnusfoxx
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.