Betta Fish Aquariums - This is how we sell bettas in Sweden. No cups =D.


This is how we sell bettas in Sweden. No cups =D.

Posted: 12 Jan 2020 06:06 AM PST

When you go from living in a small cup to a 4+ gallon tank with filtration and heating (Reuploaded with better cropping and grammar)

Posted: 12 Jan 2020 06:37 AM PST

The beauty from south thailand. This is a wild type captive bred Betta imbellis a species native to south thailand and one of the species within the Betta splenden complex which is where your domesticated bettas originated from through years of selective breeding different species together.

Posted: 12 Jan 2020 06:54 AM PST

Meet my boy Corndog.

Posted: 12 Jan 2020 04:49 AM PST

After a month and half. My little man has blossomed ��

Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:10 AM PST

My special boy Opal playing with his ping-pong ball☺️

Posted: 11 Jan 2020 07:25 PM PST

Yesterday, I lost my betta Skyler. I loved him so much and he was the reason I smiled everyday.. Swim in peace baby.. (Here's a photo of me and Sky when we were both just existing happily next to each other, it's my favorite photo)

Posted: 11 Jan 2020 02:07 PM PST

This is kakyoin! He doesn’t do tricks but he’s the grumpiest boy and I love him!

Posted: 12 Jan 2020 07:14 AM PST

Boy Blue is looking much better. So glad his fins aren’t as torn as they were

Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:10 AM PST

Caught my Betta sharing his leaves with one of my ottos last night.

Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:24 AM PST

Meet Charlie ����

Posted: 11 Jan 2020 02:02 PM PST

Ghost out for a moonlight swim

Posted: 12 Jan 2020 02:31 AM PST

My Husband and I picked up this beautiful White, Blue, and Purple Betta today.

Posted: 11 Jan 2020 07:14 PM PST

New tank, new betta buddy ��

Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:33 AM PST

10 days out of the cup. He can swim again and is amazing!

Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:57 AM PST

My beautiful betta fish monchin on some food!

Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:55 AM PST

Meet Tito

Posted: 12 Jan 2020 11:04 AM PST

Meet Tito

Tito doing his \"New Tank\" dance!

(Sorry for the second post - I messed up the first!)

Meet Tito. I wasn't planning on a betta but then this little guy appeared through a gift exchange at work…. in bottle of Tito's vodka. Yes, I know. So, I stole him. The person that put this together meant well and supplied water conditioner, blood worms, a live Anubias, and a small tank for him but I knew they need more space. I went to the pet store that day and got him a heater, thermometer and a temporary 1 gallon tank. Then, I went here and learned everything I could. I started to fish-in cycle his temporary tank. I bought better water conditioner, bottled bacteria and the API master test kit so I could keep him in the best water quality while I set up his new tank. I monitored his water and tank temperature daily. I got him some floating plants. When I did his water changes, I microwaved the new water to the same temp as his tank and checked with a meat thermometer before adding it in… side note, my spouse now thinks I'm insane.

I set up a 10 gallon planted tank for him with fancy substrate and started the fishless cycle. I discovered a few days in that the substrate dramatically altered my water parameters (lowered it an entire PH). Being new to this venture, I opted for something less complicated that had no chance of stressing him during water changes or the transition – gravel. So I dumped the tank (saving the filter media) and started over. The logic of him 'fish-in cycling' in a 1 gallon tank while my 10 gallon tank 'fishless cycled' finally reached me. So, I moved him, along with all his media to the new 10 gallon and restarted the fishless cycle there. I adjusted him to the new water slowly over several hours. He went in last night and has been zooming around the tank, up onto the plants, through the wood, and behind the heater. I think he likes it. Here are some photos of the progress: https://imgur.com/a/cqJlZl2. Once he's all cycled, I will add in a snail and a few shrimp for his viewing (or eating) pleasure.

A HUGE thank you to this community for providing such great information!

His setup…

  • 10 gallon tank with lid and NICREW LED Light
  • Marina S10 filter modified with filter foam and fluval Biomax (it's hiding behind the Mopani wood)
  • Marina 50W adjustable heater (I set it at 82 so it warms the water to 79... our house is cold)
  • Gravel substrate, Mopani wood, driftwood, and a little 'hidey hole' made from a candle votive
  • Plants – Anubias, Java fern, Crypt and Marimo moss balls
  • Current levels – 7.6 PH, <0.25ppm Ammonia, 0ppm Nitrite, 0ppm Nitrate
  • Current food: 2-3 pellets of Bio-gold in the morning, Bug Bites in the evening, blood worms for snack
  • Chemicals – Adding Stability to the filter daily and Prime when I do water changes. Monitoring levels daily with the API master kit.
submitted by /u/Cerulean-sea
[link] [comments]

Le jungle abode

Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:04 AM PST

Ghost shrimp.exe

Posted: 11 Jan 2020 06:59 PM PST

Fishstick happy after a water change and dinner.

Posted: 12 Jan 2020 06:56 AM PST

Meet samurai

Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:42 AM PST

My friend is really busy with work, so I’m gonna “adopt” her betta! My 10g tank is already cycled and good to go. I’m wondering how he’s looking?

Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:06 AM PST

My New Betta Tank

Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:56 AM PST

I still have to add a sponge to the spout, but I am fairly pleased with how my new aquarium turned out. I am still in the process of cycling it. All plants are tied to the log.

http://imgur.com/gallery/EvnTJuA

submitted by /u/callmemrsfool
[link] [comments]

Yesterday I posted a photo of our new White, Blue, and Purple Betta in the store that my Husband and I picked up and you all really loved him. He now has a name and is loving his new 9 and a half gallon home! Introducing Finnegan!

Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:01 AM PST

Anyone else’s fish come say hello when you walk in the room, if not then Cudi and I have a gang like bond. Peep that rainbow dog.

Posted: 12 Jan 2020 10:53 AM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.