Axolotl - Aquariums - I love my son Leo with all my heart he brings me the big joy


I love my son Leo with all my heart he brings me the big joy

Posted: 09 Jan 2020 05:19 AM PST

Our axolotl Sunny ❤️

Posted: 09 Jan 2020 01:20 AM PST

Biohazard, my banana pepper girl at Onyx Exotics ��

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 12:59 PM PST

You have been blessed by Pickles, the smiling axolotl. He wishes many smiles to you all.

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 11:35 PM PST

Baldur backing it up, graceful as always

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 06:59 PM PST

Best friends, apparently

Posted: 09 Jan 2020 06:12 AM PST

Chansey and Mudkip hanging with Mr. Pineapple

Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:28 AM PST

Shedding since day one

Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:55 AM PST

Hey everyone

So I've had an axolotl since October of 2019. He was 3 inches then and now is nearly 8! I didn't know they could grow so fast. He eats a ton, and seems to be a happy camper.

But ever since I've had him, he has always been shedding a little here and there.

Had him tubbed for the first month, switching between two 5 gallon containers. Spring water 100% change everyday, old tub being cleaned after he was put in new tub.

Yet he would shed. I chalked it up to the stress of being tubbed. Still ate and swam up to me, but i could tell he didn't like being moved everyday.

Moved to a bare bottom 20 gallon once it finished cycling. Started off great, he seemed to love the new space. But then after a few days the shedding resumed. Showed no sign of stress. Gills better than ever, straight tail, and would follow me around the tank when I walked by. But he was always shedding and it seemed to be getting worse. I tried several things (more frequent water changes, less frequent water changes, tested water hardness, switched dechlorinators, switching out and in decor that could possibly be scratching him, turning down the sponge filter flow etc).

The ONE thing I noticed that was odd was when I switched him over to cut up earthworms. And he went from pooping everyday (pellets) to every 2-3 days. Recently 5 days, which worried me.

So 3 days ago I put him back in the tub and kept him at a little colder temp. His skin seemed to look better, but now he wont eat and I can tell he super doesn't like it in there. Even so, he pooped 4 times in 2 days so...backed up maybe?

Regardless, after the 3rd day, the shedding resumed.

I'm at a loss friends. Sheds in the tub, sheds in the tank. I'm going to give him a tea bath for the first time, then I think I'm gonna be moving him into a different established tank. Its bigger and has a ton of hides, as I was planning to use it for shrimp.

Any ideas/opinions/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 😥

Some important info: Temp always under 65. Ammonia & nitrite 0 and nitrate never over 20. Tap is Ph 7.4 and fairly hard water. When tubbed; spring water being 7.0ph (highest i could find) and I've no idea the hardness. And there's always been indian almond leaves in his tubs/tank.

submitted by /u/BecksBeard
[link] [comments]

The derpiest hunters in the land repeatedly jumping to attack nothing before finally discovering the pellets that were right in front of their faces the whole time

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 07:06 PM PST

Finally getting Axolotls! Advice?

Posted: 09 Jan 2020 07:49 AM PST

I've been wanting these cuties for over 10 years. Finally going to get some in a few months. Any advice on tank setup? I've been doing research but there's a lot of conflicting views on how to do it. I'm getting a 20 G long tank and planning to get 2-3 axies of sub adult size. Any advice would be helpful and appreciated. First time owner, so please be gentle.

submitted by /u/SabrinaBrna
[link] [comments]

Hanging out on the algae magnet

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 07:56 PM PST

Chillolotl

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 10:45 PM PST

My new lil lotl

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 12:02 PM PST

Peek-a-boo

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 04:06 PM PST

Adding liquid vitamin for fishes in axolotl food is ok? Do giving dried brine shrimp and food simulating bloodworms also ok?

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 07:54 PM PST

Basement too cold?

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 02:59 PM PST

My girlfriend and I had talked recently about getting an aquarium for our new house and after a bit of research I'm leaning toward an axolotl. I've seen a lot of posts about people saying that 70F is too hot, and that 60F-65F is the ideal temp for them. My basement room where I plan to put the tank gets pretty cold, down to about 55F-56F in the winter. Is this too cold?

submitted by /u/Beninem
[link] [comments]

Can I get one?

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 06:32 PM PST

So I've been looking into Axolotls for quiet some time now. Researching and gathering helpful tips and advice on them, but I live in California, I tried seeing if there still illegal here but the only notices that I've seen are from years ago. Anyone know if they're still not allowed out here ?

submitted by /u/bexpensive
[link] [comments]

Where do I buy axolotl

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 02:35 PM PST

After being on this subreddits for a while, I decided that I want to get an axolotl. I love their cute almost derpy like smile that reminds me of whooper From Pokémon, and I have a lot of free time, so I have enough time to take of it. I live in Houston, Tx, and I have no idea where to buy the animal and all of it's equipment, So if y'all could reach out and give me a few locations? P.s. I have a beta fish and a few guppies, so can I put them in the aquarium with it? I'm sorry if I'm sounding weird asking strangers to help me, but I really do want to care for this animal, thanks!

submitted by /u/golden-bobcat
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.