Aquatic Snails Just got this mystery snail buddy and he has freckles! So cute


Just got this mystery snail buddy and he has freckles! So cute

Posted: 11 Jan 2020 05:10 PM PST

This is how mystery snails lay eggs.

Posted: 11 Jan 2020 09:02 PM PST

My babies are growing up so fast!! So proud of my incubator batch

Posted: 11 Jan 2020 07:24 PM PST

How mystery snails lay eggs!

Posted: 11 Jan 2020 09:03 PM PST

This tank will house baby mystery snails on Wends. They are going to love the bubbler as they grow up.

Posted: 11 Jan 2020 07:49 AM PST

Frens

Posted: 11 Jan 2020 03:28 PM PST

Jungle Jim

Posted: 11 Jan 2020 03:40 PM PST

My Gold Inca Cashew getting his stretch ON!

Posted: 11 Jan 2020 01:21 PM PST

My Golden Inca had Babies and I know nothing!

Posted: 11 Jan 2020 08:32 PM PST

There are at least 30 of them in a ten gallon tank, along with mom and a handful of freshwater fish. What do I feed them? And how quickly do I have to find them homes before they start getting too big for the tank? Are we talking days or a couple weeks?

She is my first snail and we've only had her a couple of months. I am smitten and I'd like to keep as many as can comfortably hang, but how does one rehome 20-odd snails, anyway?

So many questions.

submitted by /u/AnarchyBurgerPhilly
[link] [comments]

I am guessing that purple thing is the snails penis?? ��

Posted: 11 Jan 2020 05:23 PM PST

Oh my...the baby is still alive :) I havent seen him in weeks and already thought he hadn't made it

Posted: 11 Jan 2020 11:51 AM PST

Is this scary for him or is he having fun?

Posted: 11 Jan 2020 03:09 PM PST

Nerite Snail Advice

Posted: 11 Jan 2020 09:38 PM PST

Hello! So I acquired 6 nerites a few months ago which I split between my two tanks. The two teensy horned nerites went with my betta in a ten gallon, and the three tigers and zebra nerite went with two goldfish in a 55 gallon. One tiger nerite died, as he/she was sucked out of his shell by one of the goldfish about a week after I got him/her. I removed the shell, waited anxiously for a few weeks, and none of my other snails with the goldies died so I relaxed and let it be. Yet tonight, one of my goldfish knocked over another tiger nerite (presumably by accident) and he/she fell to the bottom and cracked his/her shell (the crack looks to be deep, though no flesh is exposed/leaking out). One of my goldfish then attempted to eat the snail, but luckily I happened to glance over as my goldfish was trying to eat my snail so I grabbed a net and scooped the unfortunate snail out of the tank to make sure she/he was alive and okay. So, I guess what I'm getting at: is it okay to move all my snails to the ten gallon? That would mean that I would have a male betta and 5 snails in my ten gallon (2 horned nerites, 2 tiger nerites, and one zebra nerite); is that too much for the tank's bioload? For the meanwhile I moved the tiger with the cracked shell into the ten gallon so he/she can recover in a safer and calmer habitat. I just don't know if it's safe in my goldfish tank for the snails anymore, as my goldfish have gotten bigger (and hungrier). As silly as it may sound, I've grown attatched to these snails and don't want to lose them.

submitted by /u/CuriousAdorabilis
[link] [comments]

Massive snail die off -- what went wrong?

Posted: 11 Jan 2020 07:26 PM PST

I understand they like each other...anyone know what the long stringy thing is to the left?

Posted: 11 Jan 2020 07:40 AM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.