Aquatic Snails I went through the 'what is this snail' links but I still can't identify these two. Does anyone know what these are ? Something have been killing my pond snails, could it be these?


I went through the 'what is this snail' links but I still can't identify these two. Does anyone know what these are ? Something have been killing my pond snails, could it be these?

Posted: 10 Jan 2020 11:56 AM PST

��

Posted: 10 Jan 2020 10:28 PM PST

How could you just not love them? :)

Posted: 11 Jan 2020 03:49 AM PST

Caught whose been laying the eggs!

Posted: 10 Jan 2020 09:50 PM PST

My snail hasn't moved for a week.

Posted: 11 Jan 2020 03:46 AM PST

I got a military helmet snail about two weeks ago. He's got a little hole in his shell (from a break, not a deficiency), but otherwise appears to be in good health. He crawled around quite a bit, mostly on the glass. Recently I noticed he hadn't moved in a while and was on the bottom so I checked on him, and saw he had two chunks of gravel stuck in his operculum. I removed the gravel and he clamped up right away. I thought that was fine, and that after a while when he'd relaxed he'd come back out.

I know nerites can have 2-3 day sleep cycles, but it's been a whole week and I haven't seen him emerge or move at all. I've been checking on him; he doesn't smell at all and his operculum is still tightly closed. At this point I'm worried he's gonna starve. Anybody know what's up?

Parameters: 5 gallon tank, 76 degrees, 7.2 pH (varies lower sometimes with water changes), 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite (had a spike to 0.5ppm earlier in the week but fixed it pretty quickly), 5-20 nitrate. I have cuttlebone in my tank but never saw him nibble it. Tank has a betta and a larger mystery snail. Betta left him alone, but the mystery seemed to pester him a lot, so I isolated him to see if that was the problem and he still hasn't moved.

submitted by /u/Vyr66
[link] [comments]

Zooming along

Posted: 11 Jan 2020 12:37 AM PST

Freshly laid eggs with a photo bomb of an older clutch

Posted: 11 Jan 2020 12:17 AM PST

What are some good calcium rich foods I can give to my mystery snail that is also safe for my betta?

Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:41 PM PST

I have a betta and a mystery in a 10 gallon. My betta loves to be the center of everything and anything the snail does he wants to be in on it. I want to feed my snail some nice treats but also want it to be safe just incase my betta takes a bite. I was thinking of putting some cuttle bone in for the water. Would the betta be okay with that?

submitted by /u/kozukenma
[link] [comments]

A family photo...

Posted: 10 Jan 2020 03:37 PM PST

Set up a timelapse and left for a minute- Came back and one had flipped the other over with no hope of getting up!

Posted: 10 Jan 2020 09:34 PM PST

Rabbit snails 1/3”-1/2” Local Pick Up in Manhattan NYC $8 Buy 5 Get 1 Free

Posted: 10 Jan 2020 08:20 PM PST

Is this dead? Before I throw it out. I got them in the mail yesterday. Is it safe to say they were DOA?

Posted: 10 Jan 2020 05:15 AM PST

majestic looking snails that both came out and started climbing an hour after I added them to the tank

Posted: 10 Jan 2020 04:29 AM PST

Need advice for 4 baby mystery snails

Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:46 PM PST

Hi guys I need some advice I got 5 baby snails in the mail. One had a slight odor and was floating so I got rid of him today. 4 still haven't moved, 2 are floating, 2 are deep in their shell. My levels are ammonia 0, nitrite 0 nitrate 40, kh 15 gh 10 I checked last night and my levels were 0,0,10. Last time I checked my kh and gh was before a water change the other day and I added more powder since I use buffered RO water. I wanted it a little harder before they got here. What would cause the nitrate spike? Also I read they can float because of ph. They came from a 7.3 ph. I haven't checked my ph but seeing as how my kh is so high I think my ph is high. Is that why they are floating? Also the water and area around the water smells like death but none of the snails smell? I'm doing a water change now of 50 percent.

submitted by /u/ipodnano165
[link] [comments]

I miss her tonight

Posted: 10 Jan 2020 01:57 PM PST

What happened to these guys?

Posted: 10 Jan 2020 01:55 PM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.