Aquatic Snails Everyone likes this shrimp dish


Everyone likes this shrimp dish

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:15 PM PST

Meet Either and Neither, my new obsession.

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 05:44 PM PST

He’s spoiled and he knows it!

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 02:45 PM PST

Names for my snail? Shes an ivory mystery snail. My betta is named leo after leonardo da vinci and I want to keep that theme :)

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 06:37 PM PST

Uh... maybe the snails are TOO happy

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 06:29 PM PST

Upside down

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 07:38 PM PST

GH/KH and mystery snails

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:24 PM PST

What are the correct levels for mystery snails? We have a KH of 89.5 ppm or 5, and a GH of 161-179 ppm or 9-10

submitted by /u/tadriaansen
[link] [comments]

I got my snail about a week or two ago, is it’s shell cracking or growing? It happened after i got him. I’ve been giving him blanched cucumbers and snello, in a tank with a betta

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 02:12 PM PST

Problems with my pair of Zebra Nerite Snails

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:09 PM PST

A few weeks ago I had to treat my 20g for planaria in order to protect my shrimp population. To that end, I used a product called No-Planaria, which is marked as shrimp safe but not snail safe. During dosing, my two Nerites went to go live in my 10g tank which is unheated, but stays around 74-75 degrees Fahrenheit, and has the same GH and KH of my main 20g.

After treatment was completed, I did a 25% water change in the 20g, added tannins to the water, and inserted a carbon filter cartridge. Once the tannins were gone after about 24hrs, and thus the residual medication, I did another 25% water change, removed the carbon, and reintroduced my Nerites after drip acclimating them back up to the 77 degrees that the 20g is at.

Now, both of them are pretty lethargic, which is markedly different to how they previously behaved. They both just sit in the same spot, or flip themselves on their back, with their foot kinda hanging out loosely but not holding onto anything. I know they're still alive, as when I pick them up they move to close themselves up in their shell.

Any idea what is wrong with these guys? Normal behavior? Something I did wrong with the No-Planaria med? Old age? My parameters are always pretty darn stable, and the past 3 readings i've done over the past three weeks (once a water change) have read 0, 0, 0, pH 7, GH 6, KH 3. I don't really ever get Nitrates as my tank is heavily planted.

submitted by /u/wingless__
[link] [comments]

A fallen soldier, my first ever breeding project ram. This snail gave me many pretty babies <3

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 07:15 AM PST

My assassins are getting big! This dude is a full inch long! They get a clam on a half shell once a week.

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 07:44 AM PST

My black and gold baby mystery snails

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 08:49 AM PST

Two new additions to the cleaning crew, blue and ivory Mystery snails. My ACF Scylla is fascinated with the ‘moving rocks’ that she can’t fit into her mouth.

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 08:21 AM PST

What are my snails doing?! I am new to owning snails & I think I have my hands on 2 mystery snails. The large golden one does this a few times a month & will latch onto my small black snail & wont let go. Most of the time it looks super aggressive. I need some advice on what to do/ If this is ok.

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 11:53 AM PST

New Black mystery snail. Kijiji seller told me a time and never showed up my son was sad. She had every colour my son and I wanted a tank of just blues. He was happy still getting one from the LFS tho. Meet Turbo.

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 06:42 AM PST

What’s going on here? I treated for Camallanus worms last week. Certain meds are bad for snails& some ok. After reading about the treatment I was going with, I decided to keep the 3 snails in my tank and treat everybody together. For 8 days I didn’t see any snails, then today they’re all active? Thx

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 10:18 AM PST

I just shouted!!! Frog eggs yesterday and snail eggs today!

Posted: 15 Jan 2020 05:50 AM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.